Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Running Must Have's

These are just a few of my favorite running things...





#1 iPod Nano
What I love most about this iPod (other than the small size) is the built-in belt clip. Throw out that annoying arm strap - all you need is the Nano! I like to clip mine on my shorts - left side, facing out (I am a creature of habit) - with the cord running under my shirt to keep it out of my way during a run.


#2 Nike + GPS Watch
I was so overwhelmed by features when I decided to take the plunge and get an expensive running watch. Heart rate monitors, cadence monitors, splits oh my! I love to run just to run - it's not a science to me. When I started looking into the Nike GPS watch I was so excited. It did everything I needed without all the other features that I would probably never use. I've been a fan of Nike + since it came out so I am thrilled that my watch utilizes the software better.


#3 Amphipod Handheld Bottle
If you buy nothing else, this is a necessity! I've never been one of those people who can set out on a long run without water. I'm sure it is just a mental thing at this point, but every mile I gab a sip. There are two things I love about this bottle. First, the shape. Unlike most bottles, this one has a slight curve so it fits the natural curve of your hand. I don't actually have to hold the bottle so both of my hands feel natural. Second, the strap has a zippered pocket on it which is the perfect size for keys. I lied, there are three reasons I love this bottle. It is so light and due to the curve of the bottle (according to my husband) the water doesn't slosh around. Is that a forth reason? I've run with a normal water bottle since getting the Amphipod bottle and the difference is night and day. Seriously, I love this bottle! 

#4 Body Glide Anti-Chafe 
This was a result of my last half marathon training. I'm lucky to have my mother's skinny legs, but was cursed (or blessed depending who you ask) with a large chest. On long runs I noticed my sport bra was rubbing my skin raw. Now, I can just slap on some anti-chafe balm before a run and my skin stays in one piece. Sure does make showers afterwards less painful! 

#5 Injini Socks
Again, these were a result of my half marathon training last year. Ever heard of runner's feet? Well let me tell you, they aren't pretty! As crazy as these socks look - they are awesome. The seamless sock is built with moisture wicking fibers that keeps your entire foot dry. I have several pairs of these socks (warning - they are a little expensive by my sock standards) but are a must-have for long runs. 

What are your must haves? 

Ashleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment